Sunday, October 30, 2011

Just a fresh start...

       I have never blogged before so I am new to all of this, but I know this will end up becoming handy in the future and I enjoy expressing myself with writing. So we will see how this goes!

       I have now been living up in Logan for the past three months attending Utah State University and I LOVE it up here! Logan itself is just a fun place to live. There's just a different vibe and feel up here in Logan that makes me feel so at home. Everyone is so friendly and outgoing. Even though I do get a little home sick and miss my family, I now consider this home!

       I live in Snow Hall with five other roommates who I love to death! Autumn and I came up together and are rooming together. Autumn is my mom around this place. She keeps everyone in line and even cooks for us sometimes :) I love Autumn. She is a good example to me and a good influence on my life. Katelyn and Kelsey are good at making sure everyone is happy and laughing. If anyone needs any styling tips or just an honest opinion, we know who to come to! I love them. Angie (Gigi) and Sarah are just hilarious. Gigi is a little bit obsessed with Justin Beiber, even to the point of having a life-size cardboard cut out of him, but that's okay because we all have our obsessions :) Sarah is the roommate who says it how it is...and even though we joke with her to stay on top of her dishes, we still love her. As different we may all be, we all get along really well. I got lucky to be stuck with such good roommates for this year :)

      Before I started college everyone always said, "Be prepared for some late nights!". Well, I now know exactly what they meant by that, especially being a freshman living in dorms. The dorms are fun to live in. The social aspect of it is the best thing ever. I am meeting so many new people up here, but I just don't get enough sleep. But I honestly think I am getting used to it. Going to bed anytime before midnight is considered early. It's sad, I know, but its just the way it is! But I know it will get better in years to come. I am still young and figuring out the way this whole college thing works ;)

       The leaves are changing, the cold air is coming and football season is coming to an end, but I am looking forward to basketball season! One of the many things USU is known for is their fan crowd! We have such amazing support for our athletics up here, and from what I here the basketball games are just insane! So I am excited to experience and be apart of that.

       As for my classes I am taking fifteen credits which include sociology, english, humanities, and math. School has never been super easy for me, I have always had to really work at it. Sports on the other hand comes easily. I have been trying to keep up with my fitness activity. I have to. I promised myself I long time ago I would never let myself become fat or out of shape. I have been involved with intermurals, which  has been fun! But it will never be the same. I miss not having team mates. I went from being apart of a team my whole life and working out almost everyday to little miss studious and almost never coming out of my room ;) haha. That's kind of a lie. I still get out and have fun. I mean, I HAVE to. It's just the way it's always been. My life has always been "GO GO GO", according to my mom. I always have to be occupied with something. So if I am not doing anything, I go crazy.

       I miss Jade and Lex! Jade is a little California girl attending Chapman University on dance scholarship. Alexa is in Kansas City, Missouri attending William Jewel College on basketball scholarship. It's hard not having all of your best friends right there to talk to. I have always been to type to rely on y friends a lot. I told them everything. There were and still aren't any secrets. Thank heavens for Skype and cell phones because without them I would not be able to function correctly! haha. But they are both doing very well and are having adventures of their own. It's a completely different life for them living outside of Utah. All I know is that I have been sheltered very well growing up in Utah my whole life.

      Well life is good. I am happy where I am at in my life.  I had a hard time deciding where I was going to go to college but I am now finding out that Utah State was a good choice for me. One thing I have learned about myself while being up here so far is that you always need to remember who you are and be yourself and stick to your standards because there are always people watching. Temptations are everywhere and the world itself is becoming crazier and more hectic, but if we stick to the basics and remember what we learned in primary, then everything will be okay. As long as we have faith, keep the commandments, rely and put our trust in the lord then everything will be okay. He will come in and do his part if we do ours.

(Sorry this first one was sooo long. I just had to catch up on the past 3 months of my life!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment